Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Big Girl Bed

Getting the "all ok" sign as far as the new bed goes.

Loving her new bed. Snuggly and warm with her new big girl pillow and blankets!

Daddy and Isa taking apart the baby bed. She was such a big helper.


So I know that every parent has to do this. I have to suck it up and realize that the tiny baby they held in my arms is no more. Instead, there exists a very different version of what once was. A more independent, more adventurous person instead of the helpless baby. "Why so reminiscent?" you may ask. We just dismantled Isa's crib and put her to bed for the first time in a toddler bed. I know I'm probably making a mountain out of a molehill. I know parents do this all the time and 2 years and 2 months was a very good long run for the crib. There's just something about such a big milestone in her life that pulls a little at my heartstrings. It may just be first time mom syndrome but I don't care. Another piece of my little baby is replaced by this amazing big girl who I've had to put back to bed 3 times since I've started writing. Make that 4.

No comments: