Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas This Year

Playing on the chair while Mommy gets ready. I am so digging the candy cane tights in this picture.

Isa getting ready to see Santa this year again with Aunt Teresa and Uncle Terry on her birthday. Awesome tradition for having a birthday so close to Christmas!

Isa took a while to warm up to Mary and John being over at the house on Christmas morning, until then she stayed on my lap. Man did 8 am roll around early this year! We were going on about 4 hours of sleep between last minute cooking, wrapping and toy assembly I think Miguel and I are going to skip asking Santa for presents next year and steal a couple of elves to help out!
Isa stayed on Miguel's lap when we got to my mom's house. There were a lot more people there and thus a lot more noise. Ah, I love chaos at Christmas! Isa took some warming up to the crowd though. She loves her doll umbrella with her name on it.

This is her princess bed with her baby Snow White in it. She adores this! You can't tell by the picture but Miguel told me (and I agree) that Snow White's hair smells like hooker perfume. Isa overlooks this and has a blast playing with her anyway. The hair thing is just a fun fact.

Showing off to Auntie! This winter season is not complete without your white tiger wrap and mittens, topping off this outfit is her Minnie Mouse cup.

This Christmas brought with it a new found sense of family for me. Since we didn't have the extra money this year to focus on presents, I got to do my meager shopping and then focus on family and friends. We're so blessed to have these people in our lives. Thank you for the visits, the stories, the understanding, loving my little girl, and your generous hearts. You made 2009 a great year for my family and me.

No comments: