Friday, October 17, 2008

One of us is Camping

Ok, Miguel got invited to go camping with a neighbor of ours who camps with a pack or architects. I am NOT a camper. Most anyone who has spent more than 5 minutes around me will vouch for that fact. Poor Miguel tried to take me camping before we got married, I told him I would bring a lawn chair, Cosmo, and tequila. He was responsible for everything else and unfortunately lots of stuff went wrong and it ruined what little faith in camping I had. I still miss him though, I desperately need an adult and here's why...

After an entire first week of watching my 14 month old nephew, Sam, and Isa while Miguel was working late I am exhausted. Days with little ones that close together get very long after a while. We visited the zoo with a friend of mine who has 3 kids and took Isa and Sam. I learned from watching said friend that I will never, as long as I am outnumbered by kids, eat a meal. By meal I am of course referring to a pb&j uninterrupted by some sort of meal time catastrophe. One wouldn't eat, the other was eating stuff directly off the table, 2 were running around and playing in the drinking fountain, and the last one was sitting in the stroller chewing on the side of a chair. All in all, it was a good time and I do mean that. After lunch the kids were good, they listened and obeyed. I was in awe of this veteran mom and how well she could multitask.

In light of this, I have to give props to my mom who as a single parent raised 2 girls 20 months apart in age with 2 VERY different personalities. I don't know how she did it. Thanks mom!

No comments: