Friday, October 31, 2008

The Little Ladybug


Happy Halloween!! This in our front yard. I made the costume, Miguel took the picture and Lynn provided the camera and baby entertainment.

I originally wanted her to be a pumpkin, but a friend of mine said that all little kids are pumpkins for their first Halloween so I got creative with some supplies from the fabric store combined with the re-sale shop here in town.

Last night my aunt and I took Isa to "Boo at the Zoo" we met up with Auntie's boyfriend, Joel. The zoo decorates with jack-o-lanterns and various headstones, animated pirate skeletons, and lights and all the kids dress up in their costumes and trick or treat around the zoo and learn about animals and score some candy at the same time. It was going great until my little ladybug decided she'd had enough and cried to the point of hysteria. After many apologies to Auntie and Joel we decided to call it quits early. Luckily they were calm and cool about the entire thing, I was upset that she was crying that hard though (very out of character for her). I can understand, I guess taking a baby out in a costume at night is so much more for the parents instead of the kids. I'm planning on taking her again next year and having a blast though.

Lastly, hats off to all those who make the costumes vs. buying them. There were so many more creative costumes that were home made and the kids had just as much fun!

3 comments:

amy7252 said...

Awesome costume! You did a fabulous job! Do you have a picture of the back?

Josh, Koren and KK said...

the costume is fabulous! I am impressed. I wish I could have gotten Katie to wear attenae (spelling?) I had to settle with pigtails. She says absolutely NO to anything on her head.

cpico said...

Thanks! No pictures of the back. She's pretty good about leaving stuff alone and since it was part of a hood, she was alright. Since she was born in the dead of winter she got used to wearing hats and stuff very early on.