Tuesday, August 18, 2009

What to eat for dinner.

Being a stay at home mom has a ton of advantages but there are some pitfalls too. I just got onto a facebook page that had about 3 nagging folks being miserable about planning dinners so I'm going to do a little experiment. I'm going to post what I'm cooking for the next 3 days and I'm encouraging you commenters to do the same. Just something quick people can throw together for dinner.

Tonight- I found some ham in my freezer, I opened up 2 cans of potatoes, and 2 cans of green beans and put it all in the crock pot. I'll pair it up with a batch of Jiffy corn muffins and POOF- Dinner!

Tomorrow- Pizza- I can post the recipe for my friend Katie's home made crust if there's a demand for it, but I'm kicking it up mexican with fajita mix in the hamburger, black olives, and pepper jack cheese.

Friday- Stuffed green peppers- I cut this all up and bake it like a casserole. Wash and chop peppers into 1 inch pieces, add rice and cooked burger and mix all together with a jar of spaghetti sauce. Then bake until the peppers are tender.

You can make rice in the microwave (1C rice, 2C water, add a bullion cube, cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 5 min, then without opening the microwave, another 15 min at 50% power).

I hope this helps some of you stumped followers. I'm also open to suggestions!

1 comment:

Colin Roust said...

We were recently in a similar sort of rut, which prompted me to do a Google search for "30 days of healthy meals." Ended up with a bunch of recipes from the Food Network's Ellie Krieger. So far, we're halfway through and have only found two blah recipes. Here's the URL, for those who are interested: http://www.foodnetwork.com/30-days-of-healthy-recipes/package/index.html